The Town Council of Winona Lake, Indiana met in a regular session on Tuesday, March 19, 2019, in the Town Hall at 6:00 p.m.
COUNCIL MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Swaim, Dennis Duncan, Heather James, Theila Banta,
ABSENT: Tom Miller
OTHERS PRESENT: Craig Allebach, Kent Adams, Joe Hawn, Holly Hummitch, Mitch Titus, Adam Turner, Aaron Carl
Opening – Terry White opened the meeting with prayer with Boy Scout Troup #715 leading The Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of Minutes - Rick called for additions or corrections to the February 19, 2019 regular session minutes. Motion made by Theila and Dennis seconded. Hearing no additions/corrections, the minutes stand approved as presented.
Approval of Claims - Kent presented for approval for February 19, 2019 End of Month claims, in the amount of $3,809.38 and March 19, 2019 claims in the amount of $453,330.83.
Dennis moved to approve the claims as presented and Theila seconded. Motion passed.
· March 2019 - The Village March Madness – All month in the Village at Winona
· March 22, 7:30 p.m. - Wind Ensemble Spring Concert at Winona Heritage Room
· March 23, 10:00 a.m. - World Compassion Network 5K at the Park
· March 24, 7:00 p.m. – Spring Concert at Winona Heritage Room
· April 12, 7:00 p.m. – Worship Arts Faculty Recital at WL Grace Brethren Church
· April 20, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Annual Easter Egg Hunt at the WL Limitless Park
Conflict of Interest
· Aaron Carl, Town Engineer, filed a Conflict of Interest Statement for work that T-E Incorporated might bid and/or quote on in the future for public works projects.
· Dennis made the motion to approve the Conflict of Interest Statement and James seconded. Motion passed.
Permission to Advertise 2019 Street Resurface and Repairs
· Craig is requesting permission to advertise 2019 Winona Lake Street Resurface and Repair projects. There are 32 projects that will be advertised for bid, 16 of those projects have already been awarded grant money from Community Crossings. The projects are mostly for milling and resurfacing with a couple of reconstruction projects.
· Theila made the motion to approve advertisement of 2019 Street Resurface and Repairs
Heather seconded. Motion passed.
Board Appointments – Craig presented the following recommendations for the 2019 Town Boards:
· Park Board: Jill Schroeder
Jeremy Mullins (School Board appointment)
· James Lancaster moved to approve the board appointments as presented and Heather James seconded. Motion passed.
Report from Town Engineer
· Working on Lexington Manor drainage issue.
· Working on Oak Hill Street.
· Continuing work on the Town design standards.
· Working on topography survey for Columbia Street, Lexington Manor, and bike trail.
Report Town Attorney
· Working on the Town design standards.
· Working with Plan Commission on rental inspection ordinance.
· Working Resolving easement issues.
Reports from Supervisors
· Park Dept./Holly Hummitch – Annual Easter Egg Hunts will be held on April 20, 2019. Hunt for “Special Friends” friends with special needs is at 11 a.m.; Hunt for ages 0 -2 is at 1 p.m.; Hunt for ages 3 - 5 is at 1:30 p.m.; Hunt for ages 6 - 10 is at 2 p.m.
· Shoreline Project Community Planting is scheduled for May 14 & 15 with a rain date of May 16th.
· Lexington Manor homeowners would like to express their appreciation to Craig and Aaron for working to solve their drainage problems.
· Homeowner’s concerns regarding Boys City Dr and The Pass easement.
· Comprehensive Plan for the next 10 to 20 years, make Winona Lake the best place.
Meeting was adjourned - James motioned to adjourn. Meeting was adjourned at 6:18 p.m.
RICK SWAIM KENT ADAMS